Text -to-Audio Conversion
I put some text from my blog into Vozme and converted it to an MP3. When I played it back, I found it very hard to understand. I tried both the male and female voices. It was fast and stuttery. I had not heard that complaint from others during the moodle session so I tried it on my iPad with a short text. It seemed a little better. I’m not sure that I would use this version with my first graders unless it sounded much clearer!
I think there are some possibilities for use of text-to-audio conversion with young students. I could see using it for directions for independent work (or for those who don’t listen well to oral directions.) It might even work for re-teaching. There might be some issues with moving back and forth between directions and an online task. I thought of using it to remind them how to get in and back out of Raz-Kids on their iPads but I think it might complicate matters more than simplify them!
I might try it on my website for announcements or as a welcome if I was confident it could easily be understood.